Mar 13, 2017
With heart as calm as lake that sleeps – a collaboration with Caroline AreskogJones
Sandycombe Lodge in Twickenham, once the ‘country’ villa of the artist JMW Turner has been restored and re-opened to the public. Caroline AreskogJones made two beautiful subtle silent films as portraits of Sandycombe Lodge prior to the refurbishment process.
The first, With heart as calm as lake that sleeps, includes a script written by me
The second film is ‘diagram of a geometrical perspective on memory: after Turner’
Features for Writers’ Hub, Birkbeck College
On Funerals #CmonBabyLightMyPyre
Poets Reading Poets: ‘Woman’ by Arun Kolatkar
On Manju Kapur: Not Austen, Not Bollywood
CD: “LiTTLe MACHiNe” includes ‘Santa Fe’ based on my poem
Their first CD is sold out but you can listen to or download ‘Santa Fe’ here
CD: And the Story So Far… Povestea de pana acum…
Bilingual English and Romanian CD produced as part of the poetry pRO project in 2009 | 21 poets and 17 translators | Includes Morphing read by me in English and the Romanian translation.
Available from http://www.poetrypf.co.uk/ ›
Occasional Arts Reviews
- Review of ‘Glass Scissors‘, a debut poetry collection by Bobby Nayyar, February 2016, for The Asian Writer
- Review of the poetry collection Tradesman’s Exit by Mike Bartholomew-Biggs for ‘Eyewear’ website
- Play Ball by Srishti Dance Company
- Sacred Monsters: Akram Khan and Sylvie Guillem
- Amy’s View, directed by Peter Hall
A multi-media poetry exhibition from Hong Kong’s poetry group, OUTLOUD, for the International Literary Festival.
See the poems